Madyson Taylor Dixon

Madyson Taylor Dixon

Monday, March 29, 2010

Monday, Hard To Wake Up...

Well it wasn't exactly hard to "wake up" this morning considering I didn't sleep much at all last night. For one, it was storming like crazy and anyone that knows me, knows I HATE thunderstorms and I'm scared to death of them! I also have alot of stuff on my mind...some things I can talk about on here and others I can't. My main concern and struggle right now is my grandma. She has been diagnosed with Dimensia and it's progressing pretty quick. I'm taking this very hard even though I'm not showing it to most people. I have NEVER dealt with the sickness or death of a grandparent b/c I still have all of mine. I even have a great grandmother still alive. It's so hard because my grandma isn't sick-sick, she just can't remember anything. At times it's aggravating b/c you do have to repeat things to her but she can't help it. I know there is going to come a day when she doesn't remember my name and I dread it. It makes me cry just thinking about it, however I know the Lord knows what He is doing and He will take care of her...here and in heaven.

I did my daily devotional today which was in 1 Samuel

"Nothing can hinder the Lord from saving, whether by many or by few." - 1 Samuel 14:6

No matter what, God is always the majority and He always wins. Whether you have an army or it's you alone, if you have God on your side, you WILL win.

This was a great devotional, however I still needed some more comfort b/c I'm hurting alot on the inside today so I decided to read some more in the Bible. (You can never read too much!) A few of the verses of that got to me today are:

"For God alone my soul waits in silence; from Him comes my salvation. He only is my rock and my salvation, my defense and my fortress, I shall not be greatly moved." - Psalm 62:1-2

"Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of sympathy and the God of every comfort, who comforts us in every trouble, so that we may also be able to comfort those who are in any kind of trouble or distress, with the comfort with which we ourselves are comforted by God..." - II Corinthians 1:3-4
This particular passage is really good and REALLY comforting. I encourage anyone to look it up and finish reading the whole section.

God is so amazing and I know He alone holds our futures. He has a plan for my life along with everyone elses. (Jeremiah 29:11) He makes things happen and even though we don't always know why, we know it's for his purpose. He comforts us in tough times. And He is cheering with us in happy times. We must fully place our lives in his hands and trust in him. He won't steer us wrong. There may be bumps and obstacles in the road but He will get us through it.

Anyways, I had a WONDERFUL weekend this past weekend!! We celebrated Chuck's 50th Birthday on Saturday at Pine Island. It was great to be surrounded by our families on such a beautiful day. Saturday evening, Me, Mom, Sherrie, Ashley, Tiffany & Jonathan all attended Brittany and Tripp's wedding. It was absolutely beautiful and I am soo happy for them! It's about dang time! haha. Then Saturday night, I had a girl's night with some of my favorite girls to celebrate my birthday and watch New Moon. We had a blast watching the movie, creating our own dance party, and staying up way too late. It was so much fun and I really love my friends especially my BFF :) Don't know what I'd do without her! Yesterday, we had dinner with the family for my birthday and it was great to spend a little time with my family...especially my grandparents.

Ok so enough for today, I think...hehe. I may decide to make another post later on b/c this is actually keeping me sane right now in this crazy place that I work. We are trying not to throw our keys at anyone ;)

1 comment:

  1. Aw...sorry to hear about everything you are going through...I have been praying for you and the rest of the family about Grandmama Gatch. The scriptures you mentioned hopefully will help you lots.

    Love ya

    ReplyDelete