Madyson Taylor Dixon

Madyson Taylor Dixon

Thursday, March 18, 2010

Sad, Sad Day :(

I'm dying guys. Ok not really, but I am having major withdrawals b/c my Blackberry died last night. We rushed over to Verizon and they have to send me a new battery that I will not get until MONDAY! I mean, seriously, why do they not keep extra batteries in the Verizon stores?? Ugghhh...They were right when they said Blackberries are really "Crackberries". I'm so addicted to mine! Sad I know. Maybe the good Lord above is trying to teach me something...so for now I will be without my precious Blackberry until Monday! ((sigh))

Back to my bible studies...

"'Very well,' Deborah said, 'I will go with you. But because of the way you are going about this, the honpr will not be yours, for the Lord will hand Sisera over to a woman.'" - Judges 4:9

This devotional was rather interesting to me b/c I feel like it addressed 2 different topics. One being that Deborah was basically a woman living in a man's world. She was a judge and the Israelites came to her to be judged. Women are capable of doing whatever basically and she did. Also, this study refers to doing whatever job the Lord calls you to do. You have to fulfill your role under Him. The hard part about this is trust. It's very hard to put yourself into His hands and let Him guide you and lead but you have to trust. I'm struggling with that right now in my life b/c I just want so bad to know what it is the Lord wants me to do with my life. I'm so impatient though. I'm trying to get better and just know that in time He is going to make it obvious to me as to what His plan for my life is. Until then, I will continue to wait.

Today is Thursday and of course this weekend we have a very busy weekend! Tomorrow is Melody's last day so we are going out to dinner tomorrow night to "celebrate" so to speak. Of course we are sad that she is leaving but we are all so proud of her as she takes on this opportunity to go back to school.

Saturday we are going to get the New Moon dvd and then we have my Aunt Sandy's Pancake Breakfast to raise money for her kidney transplant she had a year ago. I'm super excited b/c I love my Aunt Sandy and I'm so glad that everything is going good for her! Not too mention, the Pancake Breakfast is a another great time for OUR family and friends to get together and eat and fellowship with one another! Also, Satuday we are getting Mady's pictures done! I am so excited b/c we haven't had pictures done in a while of her and of course she is the cutest little thing ever!! Jen's birthday is Saturday so we are going to dinner that night for her birthday!! YaY!! And of course Sunday is the usual stuff...church, lunch, etc...

Well now that you've all had a summary of my upcoming weekend, I'm gonna do some work...ok probably not the work part but its ok! Have a good day...it's beautiful outside!! :)

1 comment:

  1. Just be patient, Deana!! You know the Lord will guide you in the right direction...I mean just as you said about me and my transplant, he knew what was best and provided the best kidney ever for me from Eric. And, I can't wait for Saturday too...especially the yummy pancakes and the family time. Only down fall is that Kelley isn't going to make it. :(


    I really wish I had started a blog when I found out all this stuff with my kidney.

    ReplyDelete