Madyson Taylor Dixon

Madyson Taylor Dixon

Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Solemn and Solomon

Ok the Solemn part...I've been kinda down lately and I think it's just a combination of stress (not liking my job), Mady being sick, and then guess what, I got that nasty stomach bug on Sunday night. It was awful. I don't think I have ever thrown up that much in my life...not even when I was pregnant. Carly says I was just detoxing my body for p90x...lol.

Mady seems to be doing better now. She still has a few little sores in her mouth but she is eating better and is in a much better mood. Which is a good thing since her birthday party is this Saturday! Ahh...still can't believe it.

So I, myself, have been very stressed lately. One reason, probably the main reason, is that I haven't been spending as much time with God as I should. I'm trying to pray more to him and listen to him most of all. I'm really tired of my job and I'm wanting to finish school but I am asking God to show me his will for my life b/c I know I can't figure that out on my own. At church right now, we are doing a series on God, Love, & Sex as we read through the book Song of Solomon (Song of Songs). This is a really great series and I encourage anyone and everyone to come join us. I wanted to share some verses that have particularly stood out to me:

"As the lily among thorns, so is my love among the daughters.
As the apple tree among the trees of the wood, so is my beloved among the sons. I sat down under his shadow with great delight, and his fruit was sweet to my taste.
He brought me to the banqueting house, and his banner over me was love."
(2:2-4)

I love my husband Chas with all my heart and I know that God put him in my life for a special purpose. I hope that I can be the type of woman that is happy and delighted to sit in his shadow. I can say that without a doubt his banner over me is love. Chas is such a loving person and he shows me everyday how much he loves me.

Anyways, I'm done for the day. I've got alot on my mind this week but I can get through it...only with God though.

No comments:

Post a Comment