Madyson Taylor Dixon

Madyson Taylor Dixon

Tuesday, March 16, 2010

What A Weekend!

So, we went skiing this past weekend and had a BLAST! It was so much fun! We went with another couple (Chas' best friend and his girlfriend) and even though none of us had skied in a LONG time (Brandon has NEVER skied before), we all caught on pretty quick and managed to not break any bones!! I personally fell the first couple of times getting off the ski lift but after that I figured it out and did pretty well. Chas was like a professional skier out there! He did so well even though he hasn't skied in years! We stayed in a cute little cabin and it even snowed like crazy on us on Saturday night while we were skiing! We are definitely ready to take Mady skiing next winter.

On another note, the past 2 days have been rough for me. I realized just far off the path I was in my walk with God and decided that I gotta get back on. Good for me, God is still there waiting on me and doesn't give up on me. I was very angry this morning about something, or someone should I say, and before I reacted the way my mind wanted to react, I stopped, got a friend's bible, and decided to read. It was so calming. I couldn't believe how fast I calmed down and decided to not use any foul language and better yet, not respond to the immaturity at all. I realize that there are some people out there who are so far from God and His will and I will remember to stand firm in my faith and pray everyday for them and hope that they, too, can one day give themselves to the Lord. Some scriptures that really stood out to me this morning are:

"So then those who are living the life of the flesh cannot please or satisfy God, or be acceptable to Him. But you are not living the life of the flesh, you are living the life of the Spirit, if the Spirit of God dwells within you. But if anyone does not possess the Spirit of Christ, he is none of His." - Romans 8:8-9

"A hot-tempered man stirs up strife, but he who is slow to anger appeases contention" - Proverbs 15:18

"Be not rash with your mouth, and let not your heart be hasty to utter a word before God. For God is in heaven, and you are on earth; therefore let your words be few." - Ecclesiastes 5:2

"Do not be quick in spirit to be angry or vexed, for anger and vexation lodge in the bosom of fools." - Ecclesiastes 7:9

I hope each of you have a wonderful day and remember how much God loves you no matter what!!

No comments:

Post a Comment